SUMMER VIDEO INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: WORK WITH CCAN TO FIGHT CLIMATE CHANGE
This summer, the Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) is working to double renewable energy in Maryland, stop dangerous fracked-gas pipelines in Virginia, and implement the nation’s first progressive carbon fee-and-rebate policy in Washington, D.C.
Take part in these visionary campaigns to reduce climate change pollution in the Chesapeake region, while cleaning up our air, improving the health of our communities, and creating good-paying new jobs.
We’re hiring smart, motivated students for a summer video internship to stand up and take climate action. Apply today!
The Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) is the only group in the Chesapeake region of Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. dedicated exclusively to building a powerful grassroots movement to fight climate change. Our mission is to build the kind of movement it will take to put our region on the path to climate stability, while using our proximity to the nation’s capital to inspire action in neighboring states, around the country and around the world.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Interns at CCAN work side-by-side with our experienced communications experts to create compelling content and run impactful media campaigns across our region. They gain valuable experience for careers in the communications and video industries.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Conceptualizing and creating compelling videos
- How a media campaign works from start to finish
- How to incorporate videos into social media outreach strategies
- And having an amazing opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the organization that climate activist Bill McKibben has called the “best regional climate organization in the world.”
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A driving passion to combat climate change despite a climate denier in the White House, and secure clean energy victories
- A commitment to a fair and equitable energy future
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A good understanding of social media spheres
- And a sense of humor!
Our main office is on the border with D.C. in Takoma Park, MD
HOURS AND DATES:
Interns are part time and typically work 15-20 hours per week (minimum).
Internships at CCAN are primarily education-focused, to arm you with experience toward your career and life goals. Interns receive a limited reimbursement for incidental expenditures. We encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can.
APPLY NOW AND SPEND YOUR SUMMER INTERNING WITH US
To apply: Please fill out the following Google doc and we will respond within one week.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.