FALL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) works with partners across the Chesapeake region to promote renewable energy, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and stop the expansion of fossil fuel infrastructure. Our campaigns focus on passing legislation that will dramatically reduce climate change pollution in across the region, while cleaning up our air, improving the health of our communities, and creating good-paying new jobs.
We’re looking for smart, talented students for summer and fall internships to stand up and take climate action. Apply today!
The Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) is the only group in the Chesapeake region of Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. dedicated exclusively to building a powerful grassroots movement to fight climate change. Our mission is to build the kind of movement it will take to put our region on the path to climate stability, while using our proximity to the nation’s capital to inspire action in neighboring states, around the country and around the world.
In 2019, we’re going to keep fighting: to stop massive fracked-gas pipelines across the farms and forests of Virginia, to double wind and solar in Maryland, and to make DC a national leader on climate action — right in Trump’s backyard.
We and our 50,000 supporters surrounding the nation’s capital are going to keep building the powerfully diverse grassroots climate movement our region needs – building local resistance, raising our voices, and taking concrete action.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to conduct research related to clean energy policies, energy efficiency, and other climate mitigation techniques
- Process of conducting campaign research and preparation of materials
- A deeper understanding of state legislative processes
- Methods of conducting advocacy outreach to garner support for campaigns
- An understanding of general office management
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A driving passion to enact structural change to address the causes of climate change and win
- Excellent research skills
- A willingness to work hard
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to conduct a variety of tasks related to advocacy, research, and general office management
This internship will be based in our office in Takoma Park, Maryland.
Internships are typically 15-20 hours per week from early September through early December for the fall semester. Exact timing to be determined based on your course schedule.
Internships at CCAN are primarily education-focused, to arm you with experience toward your career and life goals. Interns receive a limited reimbursement for incidental expenditures. We encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can.
APPLY NOW AND SPEND YOUR SUMMER OR FALL INTERNING WITH US
To apply, please fill out this Google Form Application, where you will be prompted to upload your resume. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.