With a Trump presidency, state-based climate action has never been more important. It’s the collective fortress of the environmental movement. And state-based, people-powered, climate action is what we do here at CCAN.
APPLY NOW TO SPEND SUMMER SEMESTER INTERNING WITH US
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We’re the largest and oldest grassroots group fighting for bold and just solutions to climate change in the Chesapeake region of Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland.
We’ve put a stop to new coal plants in Virginia, expanded clean energy in Washington DC, and pressed the pause button on fracking in Maryland.
In 2017, we’re going to keep fighting: to stop massive fracked-gas pipelines across the farms and forests of Virginia, to put a nation-leading and equitable price on carbon in DC. And in Maryland, we just placed a permanent, statewide, ban on fracking.
We and our 40,000 supporters surrounding the nation’s capital are going to keep building the powerfully diverse grassroots climate movement our region needs – building local resistance, raising our voices, acting.
And under a Trump presidency, we’ll be fighting for more than just energy justice. Trump is a threat to all of our progressive values and we will work with our progressive allies across the region for paid sick days for all workers, an increased minimum wage, an end to racial profiling by police, fair laws for transgender people, and more. We will pitch in wherever we can.
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
Interns at CCAN work side-by-side with our experienced communications experts to create compelling content and run impactful media campaigns across our region. They gain valuable experience for careers in the communications and media industries.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- Planning content for CCAN’s social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Drafting and posting social media posts
- Finding compelling articles to share
- Helping at events with live social media posts and/or taking photo/video
- Analyzing social media wins and determining best practices
- Creating graphics and memes
- And having an amazing opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the organization that climate activist Bill McKibben has called the “best regional climate organization in the world.”
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A driving passion to combat climate change despite a climate denier in the White House, and secure clean energy victories
- A commitment to a fair and equitable energy future
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A good understanding of social media spheres
- And a sense of humor!
Graphic design and/or videography skills are preferred but not required.
This internship will be based in our office in Takoma Park, Maryland.
HOURS AND DATES:
Interns are part time and typically work 15-20 hours per week.
Our internships are unpaid positions. We encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and will support these pursuits in any way we possibly can.
APPLY NOW TO SPEND YOUR SUMMER SEMESTER INTERNING WITH US:
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.