Fall 2022 Internship: Fundraising & Development
The Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) is the only group in the Chesapeake region of Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. dedicated exclusively to building a powerful grassroots movement to fight climate change. Our mission is to build the kind of movement it will take to put our region on the path to climate stability, while using our proximity to the nation’s capital to inspire action in neighboring states, around the country and around the world.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The Fundraising & Development intern will work closely with our Development team to build our fundraising program and assist in planning events recognizing CCAN’s 20th anniversary, and our annual Polar Bear Plunge. They will gain valuable experience in fundraising and event planning, and the inner workings of a nonprofit that can be used to launch a career in development or simply to gain skills that will help you succeed in the nonprofit industry.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR TASKS WILL INCLUDE
- Drafting various fundraising materials using Canva, including graphics for social media and other recruitment materials.
- Leveraging your own creative thinking to build CCAN’s fundraising program as we plan for our 20th anniversary in 2022.
- Assisting the Development team with carrying out our annual Polar Bear Plunge, including creating graphic materials, phonebanking plungers, and support other forms of promotion and recruitment.
- Learning the ins and outs of the organization that climate activist Bill McKibben has called the “best regional climate organization in the world.”
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfortable learning new online platforms and technical skills
- An interest in fundraising and donor development
- A driving passion to enact structural change to address the causes of climate change and win
This internship is based in our office in Takoma Park, Maryland (just outside of Washington, DC.) However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, there is no requirement for in-person availability.
Internships are typically 15-20 hours per week. The anticipated start date for this internship is early September and it would run through mid-December, exact timing to be determined based on your course schedule.
Internships at CCAN are primarily education-focused, to arm you with experience toward your career and life goals. Interns receive a limited reimbursement for incidental expenditures. We encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can.
APPLY NOW TO INTERN WITH US:
To apply, fill out the following Google Form, where you will be prompted to upload your resume and a cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.