The Chesapeake Climate Action Network is looking for an intern to support our efforts to reduce pollution in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC as a part of our Development team through the Fall semester.
The Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) is the only group in the Chesapeake region of Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. dedicated exclusively to building a powerful grassroots movement to fight climate change. Our mission is to build the kind of movement it will take to put our region on the path to climate stability, while using our proximity to the nation’s capital to inspire action in neighboring states, around the country and around the world.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The Fundraising & Development intern will work closely with our Development team to build our fundraising program and assist in planning major fundraising events and campaigns. They will gain valuable experience in fundraising and event planning that can be used to launch a career in fundraising or simply to gain skills that will help you succeed in the nonprofit industry. As our fundraising program grows, our ability to respond to threats to climate progress with big, creative actions will increase.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR TASKS WILL INCLUDE
- Drafting fundraising collateral, from brochures to email appeals to thank you notes.
- Assisting with the planning of our annual Polar Bear Plunge.
- Helping to develop our peer-to-peer fundraising opportunities.
- Leveraging your own creative thinking to build CCAN’s fundraising program.
- And learning the ins and outs of the organization that climate activist Bill McKibben has called the “best regional climate organization in the world.”
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfortable learning new online platforms and technical skills
- An interest in fundraising and donor development
- A driving passion to enact structural change to address the causes of climate change and win
- Prior database use and/or research skills are preferred but not required.
This internship would normally be based in our office in Takoma Park, Maryland. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the CCAN team is working from home until health professionals lift social distancing and telework guidelines.
Internships are typically 15-20 hours per week from mid September through late January, exact timing to be determined based on your course schedule.
Internships at CCAN are primarily education-focused, to arm you with experience toward your career and life goals. Interns receive a limited reimbursement for incidental expenditures. We encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can.
APPLY NOW TO INTERN WITH US:
To apply, fill out the following Google Form Application, where you will be prompted to upload your resume and a cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.