FALL/WINTER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIY: NON-PROFIT MANAGEMENT & FUNDRAISING
Are you interested in the management side of nonprofits? Have a good idea for a project, but keep thinking “where would I find the money to do that?” Or do you find yourself wanting to help out a good cause, but just don’t know how best to help?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, our non-profit management & fundraising internship might be for you! CCAN’s non-profit management & fundraising intern works closely with our Donor Engagement Coordinator as she builds our fundraising program. They will gain valuable experience in fundraising and nonprofit management that can be used to launch a career in fundraising or simply to gain skills that will help you succeed in the nonprofit industry in general.
The non-profit management & fundraising intern will help us build up our individual fundraising program to diversify CCAN’s revenue streams and provide long-term sustainability within our funding sources. As our individual giving program grows, our ability to respond to threats to climate progress with big, creative actions will increase. The non-profit management & fundraising intern will get to be involved on the ground floor of this process and will get an inside view on how to start an individual donor fundraising program.
The Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) is the only group in the Chesapeake region of Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. dedicated exclusively to building a powerful grassroots movement to fight climate change. Our mission is to build the kind of movement it will take to put our region on the path to climate stability, while using our proximity to the nation’s capital to inspire action in neighboring states, around the country and around the world.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR TASKS WILL INCLUDE
- Managing data and updating information in our database.
- Writing fundraising collateral, from brochures to email appeals to thank you notes.
- Assisting with donor events.
- Leveraging your own creative thinking to build CCAN’s fundraising program.
- And learning the ins and outs of the organization that climate activist Bill McKibben has called the “best regional climate organization in the world.”
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- An interest in nonprofit management and donor development.
- A commitment to a fair and equitable energy future, and a desire to combat climate change, despite the obstacles presented by the new administration.
- Prior database use and/or research skills are preferred but not required.
This internship will be based in our office in Takoma Park, Maryland.
Internships are typically 15-20 hours per week from August to late January exact timing to be determined based on your course schedule.
Internships at CCAN are primarily education-focused, to arm you with experience toward your career and life goals. Interns receive a limited reimbursement for incidental expenditures. We encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can.
APPLY NOW TO SPEND YOUR FALL/WINTER INTERNING WITH US:
To apply, fill out the following Google Form Application, where you will be prompted to upload your resume and a 2 page writing sample. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Applications WILL NOT be considered if they are missing any components or if writing sample is over 2 pages.