Chesapeake Climate Action Network seeks a talented, flexible administrative professional passionate about solving the climate crisis.
Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) is the first grassroots, nonprofit organization dedicated exclusively to fighting global warming in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Our mission is to build and mobilize a powerful grassroots movement in this unique region that surrounds our nation’s capital to call for state, national and international policies that will put us on a path to climate stability.
About the Position
The Executive Assistant works directly with the Executive Director, assisting in campaign and administrative duties. The Assistant will lead special projects involving research, communications, organizing, and administrative tasks. This position is ideal for entry-level or early-career candidates interested in learning all aspects of managing a nonprofit advocacy organization. The Assistant is encouraged to pursue projects at CCAN related to their interests and professional development.
What You Will Do
- Assist the Executive Director:
- Provide administrative support to CCAN’s Executive Director;
- Manage calendars, time and expense tracking, and logistics for virtual and in-person meetings;
- Conduct issue research and writing as needed.
- Support Campaigns:
- Participate in weekly strategy meetings with the Maryland, Virginia, and Federal campaign teams;
- Provide technical support at virtual and in-person events;
- Participate in advocacy, organizing, communications, and fundraising activities.
- Manage Special Projects
- Lead outreach and recruitment for interns and fellows;
- Provide planning and logistical support for major events;
- Pursue projects within the policy, communications, organizing, fundraising, or operations departments related to your professional interests.
- Office Management
- Liaise with building management;
- Provide technical and logistical support for internal meetings.
- Commitment to the mission of fighting climate change and promoting environmental justice.
- Flexible, well-organized, and solutions-oriented.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Prior experience in an office environment, either paid or as an intern or volunteer, is a plus.
- Organizing or campaign experience, either paid or as an intern or volunteer, is a plus.
This position is based in Takoma Park, Maryland, and will involve occasional travel within the Chesapeake region. CCAN staff work on a hybrid schedule, and the Executive Assistant will work at least two days per week from our office, with the option to work from home the rest of the week.
This position is full-time, salaried, and exempt from overtime. The Executive Assistant and Special Projects Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
Salary is commensurate with experience within a range of $40,000-$50,000. We provide a generous benefits package, including health care, dental and vision coverage, and four weeks of paid vacation.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the Google form application, where you will answer a series of short questions and submit a resume and writing sample. We will accept applications until the position is filled, with interview preference given to candidates who apply by March 6, 2023.
The interview process will consist of a phone interview and a panel interview over Zoom, with the possibility of an in-person meeting. Our target start date for this position is May 15, 2023. CCAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.